Christmas at Mount Vernon Alexandria VA
From November 25 through January 6, George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate celebrates the holiday season with an array of festivities including:
- A gingerbread Mount Vernon - Former White House Pastry Chef Roland Mesnier will create from scratch a five-foot-wide and two-foot-tall gingerbread replica of the Mansion.
- Historical chocolate-making demonstrations
- 18th century dancing - you can try your hand at the Virginia Reel
- Aladdin, the Christmas camel (just like George Washington had in 1787)
- Themed decorations - twelves festive trees ranging in heights up to 12 feet, will be decorated with Mount Vernon and 18th century themes. Traditional boughs of hand-cut greenery will adorn doorways in the Mansion and over 100 poinsettias adorn hallways and paths.
- Special Mansion tours - If you're interested in seeing Mount Vernon by candlelight, special evening tours can be arranged. In fact, Martha Washington will be your hostess for the evening, as she welcomes visitors as holiday guests of the Washington family; in the kitchen, you will hear about 18th century holiday cooking, see Martha Washington's famous Great Cake and given a copy of the recipe to try at home.
From Northern Virginia to the Northern Neck, we provide you with stellar service (just read what some of our former clients have to say about it) and top notch market knowledge to help you sell your current home or buy your next dream home.