First Night Alexandria 2012 Join the Fun and Festivities
From free Art League childrens activities such as the "Exquisite Corpse art project", chalk graffiti and accordian books, to the Fun Hunt, following history through the streets of Old Town and solving clues, First Night Alexandria is a family-friendly New Year's Eve party.
With more than 100 live performances throughout Old Town Alexandria, this fun-for-the-whole family, non-alcohol celebration is held at dozens of venues through Old Town throughout the afternoon, culminating with a spectacular fireworks display at midnight over the Potomac River.
Food trucks start setting up at noon, then the Olio Tasting Room "One Last Indulgence" tasting starts at 1:00 at their location at 1223 King Street. The tasting will run from 1:00-4:00pm and will highlight a variety of decadent treats made with Olio oils and vinegars.
Kid-friendly activities beginning at 2:00 pm include:
- Fourth Annual Fun Hunt
- Family art activities and face painting
- Art League activities
- Alexandria Archaeology Museum - Learn about Alexandria potters of the 19th century and create your own designs
- Whisker Wonderland - how about decorating some catnip snowmen, among other fun activities?
- Storytime with Miss Megan from Hooray for Books
- The Paper Source - free demonstrations including stamping, heat embossing, envelope making and kit making
- Ten Thousand Villages - story time, refreshments and a race track
- Sugar Cube's Countdown to Midnight - free cookie decorating!
- Moon Bounce and children's games
From Northern Virginia to the Northern Neck, we provide you with stellar service (just read what some of our former clients have to say about it) and top notch market knowledge to help you sell your current home or buy your next dream home.